Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For Ian Somerhalder, playing ‘Vampire’ is in his blood

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

For Ian Somerhalder, playing ‘Vampire’ is in his blood Empty
PostSubject: For Ian Somerhalder, playing ‘Vampire’ is in his blood   For Ian Somerhalder, playing ‘Vampire’ is in his blood Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Ian Somerhalder feels sorry for the evil bloodsucker he plays on CW’s “Vampire Diaries,” which returns with new episodes tonight at 8 on WLVI [website] (Ch. 56).

“Damon is a very lonely guy,” Somerhalder said during a recent telephone interview.

“It’s hard sometimes, the things Damon says and how little he cares about human life, when I’m such a humanist. But I can’t judge him for that. He’s truly doing what he thinks is right to get back the one thing he’s ever loved in his entire life, and that’s Catherine. He spent the last 150 years waiting for this moment to get her back.”

In the first 10 episodes of the season, producers revealed some deep secrets and killed off some major characters. What’s next?

“I think it’s going to get even more violent and more steamy,” Somerhalder said. “I think they’re going to push the envelope as far as they possibly can on prime-time network television. I think that Damon is going to find what he’s looking for. In what capacity that is, I wouldn’t be able to say, but he does find it.”

The Louisiana native recently returned to Hawaii to reprise his role of Boone Carlyle on ABC’s “Lost.” He’ll appear in the two-hour season premiere airing Feb. 2.

“Obviously, out of respect for (the producers’) desire for nothing to be spoken about, I can’t discuss anything about it,” he said. “Except for when I got that script, it was so cool to see that thing. First of all, it weighed three or four pounds. It’s a huge script, and as I was reading it, I was just thinking, ‘There’s no way this is television.’ It’s like a huge movie. It’s really good. I’m so happy and proud of all those guys for what they’re doing on that show. It’s the real thing. It was really satisfying. It was really great to see how everyone’s grown and yet how everyone’s stayed the same. And just to know that five years later, they’re still there cranking it out, doing exceptional work.”

While he is grateful for his time on “Lost,” the 31-year-old feels a stronger connection to Damon.

“Boone was a very sweet and caring guy, but he was kind of a pushover,” he said. “Damon is one of the coolest guys I know. I mean, I would hang out with Damon. I wouldn’t have hung out with Boone.”
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com

For Ian Somerhalder, playing ‘Vampire’ is in his blood
Page 1 of 1