Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kristen Stewart's 'Runaways' tanks, Twilight stars box office duds?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

Kristen Stewart's 'Runaways' tanks, Twilight stars box office duds? Empty
PostSubject: Kristen Stewart's 'Runaways' tanks, Twilight stars box office duds?   Kristen Stewart's 'Runaways' tanks, Twilight stars box office duds? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Kristen Stewart's Runaways failed to be a runaway hit, no one cared to remember Robert Pattinson in Remember Me, I'm embarrassed by those two puns I just wrote, and it appears that the Twilight superstars can't carry over any box office power to their non-vampire projects.

The weekend's box office receipts have been tallied, and The Runaways, Kristen Stewart's first project since the blockbuster New Moon was a commercial dud. The Runaways features Stewart and Dakota Fanning as Joan Jett and Cherie Currie, telling the story about the early days of the 70s band Runaways. Despite being one of the most buzzed about films out of Sundance, and plenty of ink devoted to Fanning and Stewart's same-sex kiss, the flick grossed less than $1 million in its opening weekend. Yes, it opened limitedly at only 245 theaters, but its paltry $3,300 per screen average signals that no one even cared to see the movie where it was actually playing.

Stewart's on-screen lover Robert Pattinson isn't faring much better. His new film Remember Me has grossed less than $14 million in its two weeks of release, most likely puttering out of theaters in the very near future. Contrast all this with New Moon's $300 million total gross and $142 million opening weekend, and it seems that Edward and Bella are the real movie stars here, not Stewart and Pattinson.

www.examiner.com
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com

Kristen Stewart's 'Runaways' tanks, Twilight stars box office duds?
Page 1 of 1