Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kristen Stewart Holds Out Hope For 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

Kristen Stewart Holds Out Hope For 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' Empty
PostSubject: Kristen Stewart Holds Out Hope For 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo'   Kristen Stewart Holds Out Hope For 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Plans for a Hollywood-produced adaptation of Stieg Larsson's book "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" and its two "Millennium Trilogy" follow-ups — "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" — have been ramping up lately. Producer Scott Rudin and filmmaker David Fincher are in pre-production for the first movie now and expected to wrap up the casting soon. One of the names mentioned as a contender for the lead role of Lisbeth Salander is "Twilight" star Kristen Stewart.

When MTV News spoke to Stewart about "Dragon Tattoo" at Thursday night's red-carpet premiere of "Eclipse," she sounded as unsure as anyone else about who would star in the movie. But her own schedule might prevent her from taking on the role of the diminutive-but-tough-as-nails punk computer hacker.

"I think I'm going to be working," Stewart said. "I'm booked for, like, the next six months, but it's an incredible project. I hope someone really cool does it, because I can't wait to see it. But I don't know if it's going to be me."

Stewart said she hasn't even met with Fincher. "I'm working, and he's really busy," she said. Stewart's a realist though; she's been in Hollywood for long enough to understand that things can change, anything can happen. "Who knows? Movies push all the time."

Carey Mulligan, Keira Knightley and Natalie Portman have also expressed interest in starring in the adaptation of the Swedish thriller. According to TheWrap.com, Daniel Craig is in talks to star as Mikael Blomkvist, a journalist who's hired to find a woman who has been missing for 40 years.

"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" has already been the subject of an adaptation from Danish director Niels Arden Oplev. The critically acclaimed movie opened in Denmark and Sweden in February 2009 and was released in the United States earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com

Kristen Stewart Holds Out Hope For 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo'
Page 1 of 1