Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fan Fic Rec Number 1!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shereebedee
Volturi
Shereebedee

Fan Fic Rec Number 1! Empty
PostSubject: Fan Fic Rec Number 1!   Fan Fic Rec Number 1! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 7:08 pm

Wide Awake By angstgoddess003

http://angstgoddess003.livejournal.com

So this was my opener to Fan Fiction. And I loved it that much i've started to print it off. It's not complete, but the epilogue is in the making and i predict in the next month it might be out.

It's rated M for sexual content and it touches some dark subjects, so if you're weak hearted, do not read.

Here's AG's summary:

Edward and Bella have dark pasts that leave them severely emotionally scarred, with nightmares that force them to stay awake. They meet and begin to form a bond during the night hours.

Here's mine Smile :

Bella is traumatized and scarred deeply by what happened to her. She can't sleep because of the nightmares from what happened, so stays awake to avoid the pain she suffers. She cooks food and bakes cookies each night to keep her awake. She's recently moved to Forks to stay with her Aunt Esme and Cousin Alice, but is finding school hard to cope with. Her next door neighbor is Edward Cullen, Fork's badass. He too has been traumatized in his life and tries his hardest to stay awake by sketching, to avoid his nightmares. One night they meet outside and find comfort in each other. But not every thing is easy.

This is a very well written, good paced fic to read. It gives a new twist on the characters, but don't worry it's all still canon. But sorry no Jacob!

So if anyone has read it, or is reading it, please put your reviews below Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://shereebedee.livejournal.com
Shereebedee
Volturi
Shereebedee

PostSubject: Re: Fan Fic Rec Number 1!   Fan Fic Rec Number 1! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Here's the first few paragraphs Smile

I hate this room. With a deep-seated fiery passion of a million hells. I don’t mean to be melodramatic, really. But it’s a fact. In the brighter daylight hours, it’s nearly bearable. But here, near midnight, it’s anything but. Dark, desolate, suffocating, and hidden corners and crevices. I could feel the familiar fear and panic creeping up my chest just opening the door. I couldn’t even get an ounce of comfort from the full moon tonight, blocked by the clouds so common here and even more so by the Cullens’ freakishly large mansion towering outside my window. Aunt Esme and Alice worked so hard to decorate this room for me; I almost felt a swelling of guilt when I reached in just far enough to snatch my school bag from the floor beside the door and bolt away from the room towards the kitchen.</p>
This was where I had been spending my nights since I moved up here to Forks, Washington a week ago. The kitchen was warm, and open. Always bright, and full of good memories. Nothing awful has ever happened to me in a kitchen. I’ve been doing all the cooking since I arrived. Esme was slightly peeved at first, surrendering her kitchen duties to a 17 year old girl, but she eventually gave in, seeing how much I enjoyed the tasks. And it was such a rarity to witness me enjoying anything.

So I’ve made a careful routine of spending my nights in here, baking, cooking, and doing homework. Anything but sleeping in that wretched, dark bedroom. Everyone in Phoenix called it insomnia. I’ve already had the lectures from physicians and professionals, all specifically trained and formally educated to keep my ‘well being’ their ‘top priority’. I’ve had the sleeping pills, and courses of medication meant to keep me knocked out for the customary eight hours per night. Of course, they’d never really understand. It’s not so much that I can’t sleep, but I won’t. I catch my sleep in 10 minute bouts during the day, though even then I try to fend it off. It’s difficult to do, and I spend my days in a cloudy lethargic haze, but it’s better than having the dreams. Dreams full of hitting and scratching, screaming and hiding, bruises and tears, and monsters hiding in my closet, biding their time. And those are among the more pleasant ones. The ones of my mom, Renee, were the worst by far. Her cold, limp body slung over the couch in a pool of her own blood. And her eyes…

I snapped out of that line of thinking and begin immersing myself in my English paper while waiting for my cookies to bake. It was a new recipe. I’ve been baking a new cookie every night for the last week. I’ve adopted it as my new habit. When I lived in the group home in Phoenix, I could cook up a lot of things during the night and the boys would always eat it up long before it had the chance to spoil. But Alice and Esme’s appetites couldn’t accommodate my particular level of nighttime boredom. So I settle for cookies. They always enjoy my creative recipes and names.

Thankfully, they haven’t questioned my weird late night mannerisms. They were too happy that I finally gave in and moved here with them to chance pushing me away with questions I had absolutely no desire to answer. Esme begged me to come here a year ago, when Renee died, but I wanted to spare them my dark mood and reclusive behavior, I hated to burden them. Yet here I am, I thought bitterly.

I let them think they had a kind of victory in my decision to move here from the group home in Phoenix. But really, I just couldn’t stay there anymore. There were too many people. Too many males crammed against me in such a small space. I was in a near-constant state of panic, and it was exhausting, which isn’t exactly beneficial to someone who’s trying to stay awake. I didn’t like boys, and I despised men. They terrify me after Phil. It’s irrational, I know. Not all of them are out to get me. Even if I wanted to take the chance, my mind and body had an automatic reaction that I simply couldn’t stop. My old psychologist mentioned something about defense mechanisms and anxiety attacks or what not. I didn’t care what they called it, I hated it. Never being able to get close to anyone of the opposite sex without hyperventilating and shaking in fear, even if I wanted to, was a major inconvenience in a co-ed group home. Suddenly the prospect of living with two women was too appealing. Maybe they did have some kind of victory after all.

But Forks was better. Small and quaint. I wouldn’t say I was happy here, because I’d never be happy, no matter the place or company I kept. I had seen too much. But it was a few steps closer to happiness than Phoenix was, so I couldn’t regret my decision.
Back to top Go down
http://shereebedee.livejournal.com
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Fan Fic Rec Number 1!   Fan Fic Rec Number 1! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:25 pm

i haven't read it in the folder yet, and headhurts too much to read it on here, so will send comments when i can or have read it in folder!! xx
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com
Nolebucgrl

Nolebucgrl

PostSubject: Re: Fan Fic Rec Number 1!   Fan Fic Rec Number 1! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:49 pm

Wide Awake is my absolute favorite fic, the first I read, the one that got me sucked in for eternity. Nothing better and I've ready tones!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1901714/Nolebucgrl
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Fan Fic Rec Number 1!   Fan Fic Rec Number 1! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:00 pm

I have heard nothing bad about this FF! I have started it, so will post each chapter Razz
Back to top Go down
Nolebucgrl

Nolebucgrl

PostSubject: Re: Fan Fic Rec Number 1!   Fan Fic Rec Number 1! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Hehe did I actually write ready tones? I meant to say red tons. WA is fantastic...so good that it's hard to live up to expectations each chapter but AG does it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1901714/Nolebucgrl
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Fan Fic Rec Number 1!   Fan Fic Rec Number 1! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Haha I make mistakes ALL the time, I try to type too fast, haha [i did orginially put "gaga" there instead of "haha", see, doing it again] plus my fingers are freeeezing!

I have WA all printed and eady to read, my friend [Sheree who posted this] printed it all out, I just haven't read much yet Neutral I follow her on Twitter tho, haha x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Fic Rec Number 1!   Fan Fic Rec Number 1! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fan Fic Rec Number 1!
Page 1 of 1