Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Empty
PostSubject: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Alyssa Milano has put her money, time and tweets behind the Haiti earthquake relief efforts.

"I'm just at the point now where we just all have to love each other and help out in any way that we can," the former "Charmed" star told reporters Monday (Jan. 18) during an interview to promote her upcoming ABC sitcom "Romantically Challenged." "People who aren't affected in their heart are really subconsciously affected anyway. You can't take that many people off the planet and not have some vibrational change."

So what did Milano, 37, do? The day after the earthquake hit, she wrote a hefty check to help the recovery efforts and then posted to her Twitter account:

"Tweet challenge I just donated $50,000 to UNICEF for #Haiti relief. Which corporation will match my donation?"

So far, five days has passed, yet no one has picked up the gauntlet. The actress has used Twitter to great result before. After tweeting out a campaign for her charity, which brings clean water to the people in Ethiopia, her followers helped raise $92,568.

Milano has also witnessed upheaval worldwide.

"I'm an ambassador for UNICEF and have been since 2003," Milano explains. "I went to Angola only two years after the peace treaty was signed and to India six months after the tsunami, so not only have I been to places that are impoverished but I've also seen what violence and war does to an infrastructure and also what a natural disaster will do to an infrastructure.

"So for me, knowing a little bit of Haiti's violence and lawlessness in the past, it could not have been a harder territory to have been hit."

After the interview, Milano was heading to CNN to appear on the Larry King special "Haiti: How to Help" (8 p.m. ET) alongside a slew of other celebrities to generate support for UNICEF and the Red Cross.

As for Friday's mega telethon "Hope for Haiti," Milano's work schedule might conflict with her attendance. Her sitcom "Romantically Challenged" will hold its first table read that day, the essential first step for actors, writers and producers to get a feel for how a script will actually play out.

In the ABC pilot, Milano is introduced as Rebecca, a recently divorced mom of two who re-enters the dating scene along with her two best male friends Perry and Shawn (Kyle Bornheimer, Josh Lawson) and younger sister Lisa (Kelly Stables).

"We start work that day, so I don't know if it's going to work, but they have reached out, so we'll see," says Milano. "I'll definitely be there if I can."

In the meantime, we're hoping a successful company will step up to the plate and match her generosity.
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:42 pm

what is pretty fuckng amazing x
Back to top Go down
JelenaP96twifan

JelenaP96twifan

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:55 pm

She's really awesome!
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:59 am

she is, such a star!

adore your avi of her Smile
Back to top Go down
JelenaP96twifan

JelenaP96twifan

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:43 am

thanks...it was her once on twitter.haha...I stole it.. :DDD
Can say same for your 'look'! Smile
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:48 pm

haha the kstew one? love this photo of her!
Back to top Go down
JelenaP96twifan

JelenaP96twifan

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:18 pm

Mhm...Kriss photo and Rose signature...AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:16 pm

haha they're both quite "attitude" and "bitch", haha, makes out I'm like that as well lol! haha. I'm not!!! Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
JelenaP96twifan

JelenaP96twifan

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:54 am

hahahahahahahahahha xD ...Naaah..U r NOT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:29 pm

im a nice girl Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JelenaP96twifan

JelenaP96twifan

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:18 pm

hahaha.... smiley agrees! Very Happy haha
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:24 am

hehe almost angelic Wink
Back to top Go down
JelenaP96twifan

JelenaP96twifan

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:23 pm

hahahaha..yeah! lol
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:46 pm

sunny i don't have an angel smileys, i need one!
Back to top Go down
JelenaP96twifan

JelenaP96twifan

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:18 pm

oh..im sure u dooo! Smile
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:46 am

haha i will have to find one and upload it, like i did with vampire smileys etc x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet   Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alyssa Milano's Haiti relief Twitter challenge still unmet
Page 1 of 1