Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?

Go down 
3 posters

The 1990s
When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? I_vote_lcap75%When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 9 ]
A little before the 1990s
When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? I_vote_lcap0%When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Now
When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? I_vote_lcap17%When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
The near future
When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? I_vote_lcap8%When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Some other time
When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? I_vote_lcap0%When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Empty
PostSubject: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:27 am

When do you imagine the books taking place?
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:29 am

I think the 1990's, as they don't seem to mention computer games, computers in general [i.e library] and mobile phones... so it could be before the 1990's as well Neutral
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:50 am

Does it not mention the year in the book then?
Actually thinking about it not many books do you just sort of assume it's now, unless it's really obviously not.
xxx
Back to top Go down
Haily_Fangs

Haily_Fangs

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:24 pm

I would say now, as in early 2000s...
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 am

I think it's weird they don't have computers, phones etc, so that's why I was thinking they're earlier than we presume, especially as she probably was thinking of writing these books in 1970's/1980's so might be what she had in mind when finally writing them.

Who knows! Smile
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:01 pm

If I had to guess I'd probably say the '90s xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:53 am

I'll email and ask her Wink it's annoying me, haha xx
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:21 am

Haha good idea! Would be kool if she replied :-D xxx
Back to top Go down
Haily_Fangs

Haily_Fangs

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:00 pm

*kawaii**fairy* wrote:
I think it's weird they don't have computers, phones etc, so that's why I was thinking they're earlier than we presume, especially as she probably was thinking of writing these books in 1970's/1980's so might be what she had in mind when finally writing them.

Who knows! Smile

But at the same time, anything wizard-related in HP doesn't include cellphones and computers... it's like they're living (don't wanna make anyone mad, just a statement) back in Middle Ages... so apart from when Harry is at home and those small scenes... I think it's normal we don't see any technologies from late 90's and 00's
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:30 pm

No it's fair enough, silly,it's a poll and everyone has different opinions, that's why I asked Smile

I think it's really interesting we all thought of different times!xx
Back to top Go down
Haily_Fangs

Haily_Fangs

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:53 pm

just wanted to be sure not to irritate anyone. I know people can getmad for nothing sometimes (and God knows it happened to me more than once).
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Aww no way lovely!!! It'd be sooo boring if we all thought the same! Razz And if people get upset at other people's opinions... Then they are silly Smile
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:02 pm

"The official timeline is found in a few instances of the series. One of these, which takes place in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, is set in Harry’s second year at Hogwarts. During the Halloween celebrations at the school, a long dead ghost called Nearly Headless Nick celebrates the anniversary of his death, which took place on a long ago 31 October, with a "five hundredth deathday" party. A central feature of this party is an "enormous grey cake in the shape of a tombstone", stating "Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington (the real name of Nearly Headless Nick) died 31st October 1492". Thus, Rowling sets the date on which the event takes place in the book as 31 October 1992.[5] This means that Harry became a student at Hogwarts in 1991,[6] and so must have been born in 1980, since his 11th birthday occurs at the beginning of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone the summer before he becomes a Hogwarts student."

"It is also shown in the seventh book, when it is shown that Harry's parents died in 1981, when he was one year old."

We have our answer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Haily_Fangs

Haily_Fangs

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:29 pm

so, anyone who said the 90's was right Wink
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:09 pm

Me! haha. :-P xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:43 am

I voted 1990's and said it first... But then changed my mind, haha. Nevermind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:54 am

Just noticed everyone who voted, voted 90's so everyone was right lol xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:29 am

Haha true!! Yay us!
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:23 pm

We rock! :-D Cool xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:01 am

Waves
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When do you think the Harry Potter books take place?   When do you think the Harry Potter books take place? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1