Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kristen Stewart: Stop Impersonating Me on Social Media

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

Kristen Stewart: Stop Impersonating Me on Social Media Empty
PostSubject: Kristen Stewart: Stop Impersonating Me on Social Media   Kristen Stewart: Stop Impersonating Me on Social Media Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:25 pm

“Twilight star Kristen Stewart has legions of fans, but in one of the downsides of her fame are hordes of impostors who claim to be her on social media sites in an effort to get close to her family members.

Because of the constant attention she receives, Stewart has no Facebook or Twitter accounts, but her family members do have them.

Rabid fans are trying to get in contact with them to hopefully meet, or establish a relationship with Kristen.

Stewart says fans pester her loved ones, including her older brother Cameron, by impersonating her online.

“My friends all have Facebook pages and stuff because they ar e normal people that can have those things.

“My brother is constantly bein g plagued, though, because they somehow find out I’m friends with them and then the impostors try to go on and message my brother pretending they are me.

“Both my brother and my friends always complain to me about it,” she said.

Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson also avoids Twitter and does not have accounts on other social media sites for the same reason.

Dozens of fan sites, not directly affiliated with either star can be found, however, on most social media sites.

Many celebrities use social media to maintain contact with their fans. Actor Ashton Kutcher and wife Demi Moore are big proponents of Twitter.

But other stars, notably singer-songwriter John Mayer and teen sensation Miley Cyrus say they have quit or cut back on their use of Twitter because of several controversies.

Twitter was plagued by so many celebrity impostors it began verifying accounts last year.

Impostor have claimed to be actors, rappers, reality TV personalities and even cable news reporters, according to some reports.

St. Louis Cardinals Manager Tony La Russa sued Twitter over a phony account which he claimed accused him of driving while intoxicated and other inappropriate behavior.
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com

Kristen Stewart: Stop Impersonating Me on Social Media
Page 1 of 1