Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Robert Pattinson Almost Passed on Twilight Saga

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

Robert Pattinson Almost Passed on Twilight Saga Empty
PostSubject: Robert Pattinson Almost Passed on Twilight Saga   Robert Pattinson Almost Passed on Twilight Saga Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Although the Twilight and New Moon star Robert Pattinson has the Twilight Saga to thank for his global popularity, and has admitted in the past that he wasn't quite interested in Twilight, Pattinson reveals how he almost passed on Twilight. In the most recent Robert Pattinson story to hit the web, Pattinson reveals that prior to Twilight he was avoiding big blockbuster roles.

According to Britain's Daily Mail via MTV U.K., Twilight and New Moon star Robert Pattinson came close to passing up the lead role of Edward Cullen in the Twilight Saga but changed his mind at the last Twilight minute.

In the Daily Mail interview, Robert Pattinson reveals that he wasn't looking for a role in a film like Twilight and wanted to keep a low profile in smaller movies to hone his acting skills. "At first I didn't want to do a movie like Twilight," says Pattinson, "I specifically hadn't done anything that anyone would see since Harry Potter because I wanted to teach myself how to act. I didn't want to be an idiot."

For the sake of millions of Twilight fans of both Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, it's a good thing that Pattinson did change his mind. For the sake of the Twilight romance media mongers circling Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, it's hard to imagine who they'd be writing about. However, it's interesting to wonder where Pattinson would be today if he passed on Twilight.

Pattinson also mentions that the timing of Twilight didn't fit into his plan but he auditioned for the Twilight Saga anyway. "I was going to wait for another year to do two or three more little things," Pattinson admits, "and then do something bigger. Twilight came kind of randomly. It was a chance and as I didn't have a reputation at all there was nothing for me to lose."

Interestingly, in relation to Robert Pattinson being green as an actor, New Moon box office numbers and Twilight fan attention certainly proved that Pattinson didn't need more time to teach himself how to act.

www.thedeadbolt.com
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com

Robert Pattinson Almost Passed on Twilight Saga
Page 1 of 1