Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'Twilight: Eclipse' revamps newborn vampire army for movie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

'Twilight: Eclipse' revamps newborn vampire army for movie Empty
PostSubject: 'Twilight: Eclipse' revamps newborn vampire army for movie   'Twilight: Eclipse' revamps newborn vampire army for movie Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:32 pm

It’s been five days since the premiere of the new "Eclipse" trailer on "The Oprah Winfrey Show," and I’m sure anyone who is a "Twilight" fan has seen it; probably several times.

I'm pretty geeked about the newborn army segment. The dangerous looking (and handsome) newborn vampire, Riley, leading the army out of the water is played by relative newcomer Xavier Samuel; a native of Australia. The Internet is all abuzz proclaiming him Taylor Lautner’s competition as the newest “it” boy. Guess we’ll just see about that!

I was pretty surprised to see Riley looking so strong and ominous because that isn’t how he was portrayed in the book. By all accounts, it sounds like screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg and director David Slade have amped up this character’s “scary” factor and added some on-screen romance between Riley and his creator, the vengeful Victoria played by Bryce Dallas Howard.

In an interview with elle.com Xavier was quoted as saying:

“Bryce and I watched YouTube clips of the best kisses in cinematic history for research.
Yes, but how did he get on with the practicing?

“What happens in the rehearsal room stays in the rehearsal room.”

That brings up the subject of recasting Bryce Dallas Howard as Victoria. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m having trouble wrapping my mind around Rachelle LeFevre not being Victoria when she so clearly was Victoria. The fans put up an online petition, after the part was recast, to no avail. LeFevre had signed on for a 10-day shoot on another film, and the execs at Summit were unwilling to accommodate her. Bad move miffing the fans and putting Howard in an uncomfortable situation.
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com

'Twilight: Eclipse' revamps newborn vampire army for movie
Page 1 of 1