Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Defanged Pattinson forgettable in tone-deaf 'Remember Me'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

Defanged Pattinson forgettable in tone-deaf 'Remember Me' Empty
PostSubject: Defanged Pattinson forgettable in tone-deaf 'Remember Me'   Defanged Pattinson forgettable in tone-deaf 'Remember Me' Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:31 pm

As a package pandering to members of the Rah Rah Rob Pattinson Fan Club, "Remember Me" showcases the "Twilight" hottie in all his zoned-out, sideburned, hair-tossled and chin-flexing glory.

attinson is placed in a romantic setting and gets to smoke and play tough, gallant and troubled. If there are no fangs, members of Team Edward can easily imagine them there.
But Pattinson's fussy, affected acting, his grab bag of screen mannerisms and a script that has him lurching between moony romantic and wild-eyed psychotic do nothing to suggest the dude has a prayer of a fangs-free career.
A romantic melodrama that pushes the boundaries of how sexual you can get without earning an R rating, "Remember Me" smashes mushy up against mental illness. Pattinson plays Tyler, a morose, aimless and seemingly bipolar hunk who dotes on his much younger sister, mourns a dead brother, gets into fights just to feel something and dates a girl, the daughter of a cop, just to get back at the New York detective (Chris Cooper) who roughed him up.
But the girl (Emilie de Ravin) isn't to be trifled with. She's interested in him even though he asks her out with his face all beaten up. She stays interested after seeing his violent temper on display and meeting his jerk workaholic dad (Pierce Brosnan) and needy little sister (Ruby Jerins).
But someday, he's going to cross paths with her dad, who will remember him. Someday he's going to find out why she never rides the subway. (Ten years before, in 1991, her mom was murdered right in front of her.) And eventually, as a viewer, you'll do the math, adding 10 years to 1991 to figure out where this contrivance is headed.
Director Allen Coulter made his mark with "Hollywoodland," but this film's tone is all wrong. The pacing is dead and the veering between sex, sadness and sadomasochistic violence is enough to give you motion sickness. It's a bad movie.
And considering how much RPattz smokes during his scenes, it may turn out to be worse for him than mere career-battering reviews. His fangs may turn yellow.

www.freep.com
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com

Defanged Pattinson forgettable in tone-deaf 'Remember Me'
Page 1 of 1