Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory Empty
PostSubject: 'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory   'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:25 pm

As avid book readers well know, once a movie studio decides to adapt a favorite novel into a feature film, certain changes occur. With regard to Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight Saga," the filmmakers and screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg have done their best to stay as true to the source material as possible. But one expository aspect that is lost from book to screen is the various backstories of the supporting characters.

When MTV News recently caught up with actress Nikki Reed, who was out promoting her upcoming indie "Last Day of Summer," she talked about the challenge of portraying Rosalie's relatability for non-book readers, as well as making the most of her screen time.

"I find that people who've read the books kind of understand Rosalie, and that's been the biggest challenge with playing her — when you make this series, clearly it has to revolve around this epic love story," Reed said of the big three: Edward (Robert Pattinson), Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Jacob (Taylor Lautner). "The rest of us are kind of fighting in the background to have any kind of moment. You're always afraid that the moment you do have, you'll overdo because you wanted to have something behind it," she explained. "Even if it's just a look or a sentence or a glance."

Reed said she was happy to explore some of Rosalie's backstory in "Eclipse," and that she hopes she'll get to dive into a bit more of her vamp's history in "Breaking Dawn."

"With 'Breaking Dawn,' we're only going to go deeper into that. I haven't read the script — I don't know what it's going to be like — but I think Melissa's done a great job in keeping them pretty close to the books. I can't think of anything we've missed in the films. I have faith that Bella and I are going to get really close."

see video;

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1646385/20100824/story.jhtml
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com

'Breaking Dawn' Star Nikki Reed Talks Exploring Rosalie's Backstory
Page 1 of 1