Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tsunami warning closes filming on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

Tsunami warning closes filming on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Tsunami warning closes filming on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn   Tsunami warning closes filming on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Tsunami warnings were raised throughout the world yesterday when a global audience watched aghast as a 10-metre tsunami engulfed the coast of Japan live on the world’s news channels. Scenes of continued devastation were beamed over rolling news channels as the huge wave destroyed towns and farmland as it washed over Japan. As the waters started to recede and the full scale of the carnage brought about by the biggest earthquake to strike Japan since records began could be investigated, the Pacific rim waited to see if the tsunami would reach them.

Such was the scale of Japan’s earthquake and resulting tsunami that alerts were put out as far afield as Vancouver, Canada, some 4,500 miles from the centre of yesterday’s devastation. A tsunami advisory put in place for North America’s west coast saw people rightly playing it safe, heading for higher ground and waiting for the all clear.

Filming on the latest film in the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn, was delayed as producers heeded the warnings and evacuated cast and crew from the Vancouver production located .

Summit Entertainment’s official Twilight Saga Facebook page released a statement which read: “Due to the tsunami advisory, filming of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn has been delayed. All cast and crew were evacuated to the movie production’s base camp. Everyone is safe and sound.”

But some of the film’s actors responded a little more dramatically to the news. Tinsel Korey, 30, who plays Emily in the movie, tweeted: “They’re evacuating us 4 a tsunami warning. If this is my last my tweet. I love you. The end. Hugz. (sic)” She later tweeted: “If this is the moment. Then I’ve lived a good life. And I’m thankful 4 everything I’ve been given.”

When accussed of overreacting, she tweeted: “I’m not trying 2 b dramatic!!! I’m just saying my peace. This is my truth right now (sic).” She finally calmed down some time later, writing: “Everything is fine. And we ending up getting all of our work done after all (sic).”

Anyone would think the actress was self-involved! At no point did she express any concerns for the Japanese bearing the brunt of the natural disaster. Reports of 1-metre waves allayed fears of any devastation further afield as the tsunami wave apparently dissipated as it travelled across the Pacific.

Korey’s hysterical (as in irrational, not funny) response to a warning that came 12 hours before any expected problems marks a stark contrast to the stoic Japanese who were hit unawares by an 8.9-magnitude quake and 10-metre wave without warning.

Japan is today dealing with a rising death toll and the continuing aftermath of the natural disasters. Continued dangers include damage buildings and a nuclear power station that has suffered a huge hydrogen-based explosion in the past hour or so.

http://www.beehivecity.com/newspapers/tsunami-warning-closes-filming-on-twilight-324234/
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com
Haily_Fangs

Haily_Fangs

PostSubject: Re: Tsunami warning closes filming on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn   Tsunami warning closes filming on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:09 pm

it's a good thing they'd been evacuated.. I was kind of scared for them when I heard about the warning in Vancouver.

And Tinsel was going a bit over the top with her tweets...
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Tsunami warning closes filming on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn   Tsunami warning closes filming on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:08 am

Haha yeah she was, so pathetic!

But yes, better to be save than sorry, was good they got them out xxxx
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tsunami warning closes filming on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn   Tsunami warning closes filming on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tsunami warning closes filming on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn
Page 1 of 1