Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen Empty
PostSubject: Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen   Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 1:55 pm

ROBERT PATTINSON has fellow TWILIGHT hunk KELLAN LUTZ to thank for his big film breakthrough - because the American turned down the role of vampire EDWARD CULLEN.

Lutz had just returned to America after shooting gritty war mini-series Generation Kill in Africa, and he wanted a break when his agent put him forward for the lead role in Twilight.

“I was there (in Africa) for seven months, killing people, playing a Marine. (It was) really depressing, it burned me out.

“They sent me the script and I was like, ‘I don’t like working when I’m working…’ I finally read it because they nagged and nagged and nagged. (I) finally got back to L.A. and they were like, ‘Are you ready to audition for Edward?’ and I said, ‘No, I’m taking a vacation. I wanna break.’

“So I went back to Arizona, saw my mom and they got really p**sed because I didn’t tell them. They booked an appointment and I just said, ‘I don’t wanna play Edward, he’s too complex, he’s too depressing for me.’

“They kept on calling… and then they called a week later and said. ‘What about (character) Emmett (Cullen)?’ and I re-read the script and Emmett had four lines… and he seemed like one of those fun-loving characters that I love to play.”

So Lutz flew to Oregon for an audition, won over director Catherine Hardwicke and she sent him to “baseball try-outs”.

The actor is still convinced he made the right decision not to try out as Edward after seeing how difficult life has become for his movie brother..

Speaking on DJ Ryan Seacrest’s Los Angeles radio show, he says, “Fame is fame and Rob is handling it like a champ… but I don’t think anyone could prepare for something like this. I’m so happy with Emmett… I don’t care to be famous.”
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen   Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 1:56 pm

i don't think he'd be a good edward!!
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen   Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Oh no no no no. Kellun could not be Edward!
He's perfect as Emmett, but wouldn't have been a good Edward! xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen   Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:39 pm

yes, it would have been poop!!

he's so broad so he is good as emmett, he's not good looking enough to be edward!
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen   Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:49 pm

No no, he would not fit at all!
Rob has that dangerous but nice look..
I can't imagine anyone else as Edward..
Definatelty not Lutz! xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen   Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:10 pm

nor can i! i think rob is the perfect edward! and not just because it is him, he's how i imagined him and is perfect!

it would have been so wrong x
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen   Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Yeh he fits it perfectly! :-D xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen   Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:31 am

he does indeed... swooooon...hehe
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen   Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:33 am

hehe. And I soooo can't imagine Luts doing the lovey dovey serious emotional scenes...
Like imagine his in the break up scene... cyclops xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen   Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:52 pm

haha "Bella, I've had enough, gotta go, cya!" and off he walks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen   Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lutz Was Too ‘burned Out’ To Play Vampire Hunk Cullen
Page 1 of 1