Kawaii Coven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime.. Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. Charmed.. Harry Potter.. House of Night.. Manga.. The Morganville Vampires.. The Night World.. The Twilight Saga.. True Blood.. Vampire Academy.. Vampire Diaries..

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Wings" by Aprilynne Pike

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

"Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Empty
PostSubject: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 6:33 pm

A fraiy/love story. Easy read/Teen book.
Has anyone else read it?
It of what will be four books but is the only one that's currently been released.
It will also be made into a film which I was really happy about)When readinf it I kept thinking it would made a good movie), untill I read the film rights had been brought by disney and the lead female will be played by Miley Cyrus(ICK!). If you read the book she is the complete opposite to the main character...
From what I've read online in comments etc, pretty much everyone is against her playing Laurel, so hopefully they'll see sense and cast someone else. Or I won't bother watching as I think alot of people will do haha.
xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:01 pm

ooo sounds cool, may have to invest when i have pennies!!
Back to top Go down
https://kawaiicoven.forumtwilight.com
RPatzFan101

RPatzFan101

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Oooh, this is a book I want to read, but haven't had the chance! Is it really good? XD;
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:44 pm

Yep I would say it's really good! Really easy to read!
Wou can really imgine it being a good film -minus Miley off course Rolling Eyes xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:04 pm

is it similar to vampire dairies? how it's written i mean?x
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 6:44 pm

In what way? Sorry I'm being thick lol xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:10 pm

hmm, wel i think for a teen book, VD is written quite well and is really fast paced so you never get bored. is it like that?

haha i think thats what i meant! i confused myself!!
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Ooh lol yeh. It's really fast paced, no dull bits!
It's one of them books you can just zoom through.
Here's the plot summary:

Plot summary
Fifteen-year-old Laurel has lived her whole life on her family's land near Orick, California and the Redwood National and State Parks, where she was homeschooled by her hippie parents. So when she moves to Crescent City, California to attend public school, Laurel has some adjustments to make. While she misses being outdoors all the time, she's getting along pretty well at her new school and soon befriends David, a handsome and sweet boy who understands Laurel and her strict vegan diet. Things are looking up until a bump between Laurel's shoulders sprouts into a giant flower on her back.

Hesitant to confide her recent affliction to her parents, Laurel seeks help from David, and together they investigate the strange phenomenon of her "wings." Their only clue is that—much to Laurel's embarrassment—when she was about three years old, she was found on her parents’ doorstep in a basket, with no knowledge of where she came from.

On a trip back to the family home, Laurel's world is forever changed when she encounters Tamani. Laurel finds herself inexplicably drawn to him, and he provides many of the answers she has been seeking. It turns out she’s not even human; like Tamani, she’s a faerie. She was sent to her parents to inherit their land, which holds something very important to the faeries. This plan is nearly thwarted when Laurel’s family moves and puts the land up for sale. The gate to Avalon, which the faeries have protected for ages, is now threatened, and Laurel must help save the faeries’ secret, protect her family, sort out her confused feelings for David and Tamani, and figure out her own identity—and her place in both worlds.

xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:38 pm

ooo sounds really good actually!!

is it a series of books or one?xxx
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:44 am

Is it:-) I suppose it's the fairie version of Twilight haha.
It's one of 4 books. But it's quite new so the other 3 aren't out yet Sad lol xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:44 pm

that's cool, i really wanna read it now!!
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:28 pm

hehe. :-P xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:34 pm

Razz to you too!
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:42 pm

loool Shocked
I just REALLY hope they change their mind about Miley flipping Cyrus!
Her mum is the exceutive producer so you can see how she got it Rolling Eyes xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:57 pm

oh no Sad i bet she will still do it then, that is so poo, she can't act x
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:19 pm

I know.. Crying or Very sad
She's quite boyish aswell like her voice and stuff and Laurel in NOTHING at all like that!
It's like casting Lindsey Lohan as Bella Swan.. Shocked Eek! xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:22 pm

haha imagine that!!! tragic!
Back to top Go down
Jessi

Jessi

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:53 am

Oh my gosh! Miley Cyrus is nothing like Laurel, nothing at all like her! They so cannot cast Miley as Laurel, that would just be sad. I saw the hannah Montanna movie (my sister is addicted) and Miley can't act! At least not seriously!
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:17 pm

oo you've read it as well? cool! i hate miley, she can't be in anything i want to see. the end! hehe x
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:18 pm

"Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Wings-aprilynne-pike-5966588-348-500

Aww pretty cover! I love how Stephanie tries to muscle in on this cover lol! haha
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:22 pm

lol I know!
wierd I just came on to add books pics and the desciption off the site you poo head :-P.

Anywhoo:

"Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Wings-aprilynne-pike-5966588-348-500

"WINGS"
Quote :
Laurel discovers she is a faerie, sent among humans to protect the gateway to Avalon. Thrust into the midst of a centuries-old battle between faeries and trolls, she's torn between a human and a faerie love, as well as her loyalties to each world. In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.

ALSOOOOO...
The next one is out to pre-order!! I pre-ordered mine today (out march 29th I think).

]"Wings" by Aprilynne Pike N319079

"SPELLS"
Quote :
Six months have passed since Laurel saved the gateway to the faerie realm of Avalon. Now she must spend her summer there, honing her skills as a Fall faerie. But her human family and friends are still in mortal danger--and the gateway to Avalon is more compromised than ever.

When it comes time to protect those she loves, will she depend on David, her human boyfriend, for help? Or will she turn to Tamani, the electrifying faerie with whom her connection is undeniable?

xxx
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:08 pm

why has stephanie meyer hogged both covers?!

they are so cute though Smile i soooo wanna read these
Back to top Go down
Jessi

Jessi

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:32 am

I read on with different cover art, I got it a few months ago, I hope they sell Spells with matching cover art!
"Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Wings-1
Back to top Go down
*kawaii**fairy*
Volturi
*kawaii**fairy*

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:15 pm

aw thats cute with the petals as wings Smile

im looking on sites for this now £6.49 is the cheapest, which is ok... Will have to wait until payday though! Smile
Back to top Go down
kawaii-star
Volturi
kawaii-star

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Yeh they so a spell version of that one too.
"Wings" by Aprilynne Pike 6801582
The ones I put up before I think are the UK covers. Not sure which I like best, all pretty covers I think!
Yay Nikkie your getting a copy ;-).
xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike   "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Wings" by Aprilynne Pike
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next